Travelling with OC Transpo
STO bus tickets, transfers and passes ACCEPTED on OC Transpo
The following STO bus tickets, transfers and passes are accepted on OC Transpo buses and the O-Train at no additional charge:
- the FIDÉLITÉ Program annual pass;
- the Regular, Student, Senior, ZAP, ZAP+ and ECO monthly passes;
- the Cam-Puce, Cam-Puce UQO, Cam-Puce Cégep Héritage and Cam-Puce Cégep de l'Outaouais semester passes;
- the e-wallet and the ECHO e-wallet: you must first validate your Multi card on an STO bus, which entitles you to an electronic transfer valid for 2 hours;
- the occasional Multi: you must first validate your Multi card on an STO bus, which entitles you to an electronic transfer valid for 2 hours;
- the one-day, three-day or seven-day passes: To activate, you must first validate your card on an STO bus, it then entitles you to travel on OC Transpo and the O-Train during entire validity of your activated pass;
- transfers with a QR code; and
- the attendant privileges card for visual impairment: upon presentation of the card, the person accompanying the customer with a visual impairment is entitled to travel for free on OC Transpo.
Please note that children aged 5 and under travel for free on OC Transpo at all times.
Transfers with a QR code
A transfer with a QR code is required to access O-Train stations. You must swipe the QR code at the fare gate to access the station. The transfer is valid for 2 hours.
For more information, go to Fare gates
STO passes NOT ACCEPTED on OC Transpo:
- you cannot use your e-wallet to start a trip on OC Transpo;
- STO paper tickets;
- STO Visitor cards for group fares.
OC Transpo passes ACCEPTED on STO buses
- the monthly OC Transpo pass (PRESTO);
- the e-transfer on PRESTO;
- the OC Transpo transfer;
- the U-PASS;
- the OC Transpo day pass;
- the O-Train ticket; and
- the OC Transpo Support Person Card. The card holder is entitled to travel for free on STO.
Payment per trip with PRESTO (e-purse)
You must start your trip on an OC Transpo bus. You can then transfer to an STO bus while the transfer is valid.
OC Transpo passes NOT ACCEPTED on STO buses
- an OC Transpo bus ticket;
- shared use of a PRESTO card (attempt to board more than one person);
- family use of an OC Transpo one-day pass;
- an OC Transpo visitor card; and
- an Ontario CNIB ID card or an ID card issued to a person with a visual impairment (the latter must pay their fare in accordance with the STO fare schedule.