June 2007 to February 2009
Performance evaluation of the hybrid buses through the collection of data on the hybrid and diesel vehicles. A comparison will then be done to calculate the fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, making it possible to determine the eco-energy performance of the hybrid technology.
September 2007 to February 2008
Evaluation of riders' opinions of the hybrid vehicle (comfort, noise, driving, service, etc.) and measurement of ridership in the Ligne verte corridor. Study on the modal share of public transit.
March 2008 to August 2008
Introduction of measures to encourage public transit use, such as:
- Additional parking spaces in the Park-and-Ride facilities along the Ligne verte corridor
- Construction and introduction of new sections of reserved lanes
- Use of priority lights at intersections
- Installation of new street furniture (bus shelters)
- Improved information at bus stops
September 2008 to February 2009
Verification of the change since the evaluation in September 2007 and February 2008, covering:
- Rider appreciation of the hybrid vehicle (comfort, noise, driving, service, etc.)
- Measurement of ridership in the Ligne verte corridor.
- Modal share of public transit.
March 31, 2009
End of project