Important informations - COVID-19
Following a recommendation from the Public Health Department, the Government of Quebec has announced that it is no longer be mandatory to wear a mask on public transportation, since June 18.
Therefore, the use of the mask remains at the discretion of our clients.
Board of Directors during the COVID-19 pandemic
The next Board of Directors meeting will take place at 4 p.m. on , Thursday June 30. In view of the government's guidelines, the public will not be able to attend in person. We ask that you submit your questions in writing by e-mail to questionCA@sto.ca by 12 p.m. the day before the meeting, and we will follow up at our end.
Meeting agenda. (in French only)
The Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) is taking this public health issue very seriously because we are committed to the well-being and health of our riders and employees. We are in contact with the public health authorities and monitoring the situation closely.
We will keep introducing measures to protect our staff and customers.
If you have any questions about the STO's services, please call 819-770-3242.
Iin addition to the measures introduced by the STO, everyone must do their share in terms of:
Board and pay at the front.
To protect the drivers, a protective shield around their work area is installed.
This is how you do it:
- board through the front door;
- pay your fare;
- use the Multi card to limit contacts, although cash ($4,10) and tickets are accepted;
- disembark at the back to avoid riders passing by each other; and
- open the rear doors without touching them by simply passing your hand between the vertical handles.
Limit contacts. Pay with a card.
Get a Multi card
Use your personalized or non-personalized Multi card to limit contact.
There are two (2) ways to get it:
Recharging your Multi card
Our actions to make the transit system safe for everyone
The driver's cab is protected by a transparent shield.
Every bus is disinfected every 24 hours:
- grab rails on seats
- fare box and validator
- driver's cab
- all frequent contact surfaces
At the service points:
- use of a disinfectant product is mandatory before stepping up to the counter,
- wait lines and markings are designed to maintain two-metre physical distancing,
- credit or debit card payment preferred,
- no-contract recharging of the Multi card, and
- plexiglass shields installed.
It's safe to ride together.
Fallservice will come into effect on August 30.
If there are already too many riders on board, the driver may not stop in order to remain within the recommended number of passengers. Whenever possible, the dispatcher will make sure that another vehicle is added to pick up the waiting customers.
Be in the know with our info tools
Follow us on our Twitter @STO_direct account
Download the Transit app on your mobile to receive information in REAL TIME during your trip.
Use Infobus and receive the next 2 stop times at your bus stop:
- by text message 819778, entering the stop number in the message;
- through the sto.ca mobile site; or
- by calling 819-778-5555.
If you have any questions, call Customer Relations, at 819 770-3242.
Paratransit Service implemented measures
To protect the more vulnerable clientele, here are the preventive measures implemented:
- Immunosuppressed clients, ie hemodialysis and oncology, are not paired with other passengers;
- A maximum of three customers can travel together on the same minibus (with the exception of people all coming from the same residence);
- A maximum of two (2) customers can travel together on the same taxi (with the exception of people all from the same residence);
- No travel to screening centers is provided by the Adapted Transport Service since it is the CISSSO that takes over at this level;
- All contact points for customers and drivers are cleaned on a daily basis.
Depending on the evolution of the situation and the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health, the current measures may change
If you have any questions, please contact us at 819-773-2222.
You are concerned about your health ?
Call the COVID-19 infoline for Outaouais area: 819 644-4545
Related Press releases
May 7| (in French Only) La STO – En route vers une reprise graduelle des activités à Gatineau
April 23 | (in French only) Mise à pied de 81 chauffeurs à compter du 15 juin à la STO
April 4 | (in French only) COVID-19 : Un employé de la STO testé positif
March 28| (In French only) COVID-19 : Service réduit à compter du 6 avril
March 20 | (In French only) COVID-19 : Bilan des mesures de prévention mises en place par la STO
March 13 | (In French only) COVID-19 : Gatineau et ses partenaires mettent en place diverses mesures préventives
March 12 | (In French only) COVID-19 : un comité interne évalue les consignes du Gouvernement du Québec