Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention
The Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) is taking this public health issue very seriously because we are committed to the well-being and health of our riders and employees. We are in contact with the public health authorities and monitoring the situation closely.
Last update: Thursday, April 2, 12 p.m.
Please note that online reloading is currently unavailable for purchases. For any Multi card loading, please go to one of our points of sale. When travelling, please respect Public health department's recommendations.
To avoid certain issues, online card reloading has been voluntarily disabled. When a subscription is reloaded online, a first validation on board is necessary to activate this subscription. Since boarding in the back is now in effect the validators are no longer accessible. Customers who would have reloaded online would not be able to activate their purchase. Reloading at our points of sale is effective immediately.
The STO encourages citizens to respect social distancing recommendations and limit travelling to those deemed essential.
Please note that although validator and the collection box are not currently accessible, we ask for all customers' collaboration to have a valid payment method on hand when travelling, because it could be asked at any time.
Customers travelling with O-Train must continue to validate at each station. See OC Transpo instructions.
Although we are aware and sensitive to the fact that citizens are asked to reduced their trips, March's montly subcription will not be reimbursed.
For the annual Fidelity subscriptions, in order to facilitate the procedure for our customers as much as possible, we have decided to suspend all direct debits, scheduled for March 25, for April's subscription. It is therefore not necessary to make a cancellation request since no amount has not been taken from your bank account.
Customers who purchased, before March 15, a subscription for the months of April and the following:
Monthly subscription, including ZAP: an amount equivalent to the paid amount will be transferred on your Multi card (e-wallet).
Cam-Puce subscription a pro rata amount of the months not used will be transferred on your Multi card (e-wallet). Here are the details:
Cégep de l'Outaouais
The amount credited will be added to your customer account with no expiration date, at no cost. Thus, once the situation has returned to normal, you will have access to this amount to pay for your travel or will be able to exchange this credit for a monthly subscription at one of our Service Points
Customers wishing to obtain a refund : a request must be made before Friday, April 10.
Two options are available to you:
• Send your request directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• By phone at 819 770-3242, mentioning your name, address, telephone number and indicating your 16-digit Multi card number.
We are committed to processing refund requests as quickly as possible. However, due to the current specific situation, there may be delays in the process.
We greatly appreciate having you among our most loyal customers and hope that these measures will be helpful in these difficult times.
Service points closings
All our Service points are now closed for an indefinite period. For any questions about STO services, please call 819 770-3242.
Thank you for your understanding.
When leaving the bus, please make sure you take all of your belongings.
From now on, in order to reduce handling as much as possible, only the valuables found on board may be recovered by customers. Please contact us at 819 770-3242 to check if your item has been found before coming to our service point.
We thank you for your collaboration.
Backdoor boarding and disembarking
In order to ensure the wellness of our drivers and enable us to continue offering our service, we invite riders to board and disembark only by the rear doors:
- only riders with reduced mobility may use the front door, for the access ramp;
- we ask you to stay at least one (1) metre away from the driver, to not cross the red line drawn for that purpose at the front of the bus, and to not sit on the bench between the front door and the red line;
- there will be no validation of passes or cash, tickets or transfers required. That being said, even though the validator and the collection box will not be accessible, the STO asks our riders to have valid bus fare in case they are asked for it.
These measures are designed to comply with the government directives for social distancing by maintaining a healthy distance from our drivers so that they remain healthy and able to keep offering the best level of service possible for as long as possible, all for the benefit of our customers who have to travel for essential reasons.
Maintenance of public transportation services
Although the government of Quebec is making decisions aimed at limiting contact between people in the interest of prevention, it has emphasized that public transit services are essential and were to be maintained.
In an effort to reduce loads on vehicles as much as possible, and in compliance with government directives, we encourage our riders to adopt the following recommendations:
- follow the hygiene measures recommended by the public health authorities;
- avoid public transit if you experience any cold-like symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing);
- postpone any non-essential travel;
- telework whenever possible;
- as much as possible, travel outside of peak hours;
- respect the temporary directives on boarding and disembarking; and
- respect the operational measures introduced by the STO to limit contact between people.
Be in the know with our info tools
Paratransit Service implemented measures
To protect the more vulnerable clientele, here are the preventive measures implemented:
- Immunosuppressed clients, ie hemodialysis and oncology, are not paired with other passengers;
- A maximum of three customers can travel together on the same minibus (with the exception of people all coming from the same residence);
- Taxi trips are reserved for one passenger at a time (with the exception of people all from the same residence);
- No travel to screening centers is provided by the Adapted Transport Service since it is the CISSSO that takes over at this level;
- All contact points for customers and drivers are cleaned on a daily basis.
Daily cleaning of points of contact
As a preventive measure, an antibacterial product is used every day to clean all points of contact for riders and drivers. This includes the fare collection boxes, validators and support bars (on backs of seats, along the ceiling and along the centre aisle). The instructions for cleaning the insides of our vehicles have been issued and will be implemented by our paratransit service providers.
A shared responsibility
We appreciate your collaboration in applying the prevention measures by following standard hygiene practices recommended by the public health authorities.
Information issued from the Québec governement Web site :
- If you have to sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue.
- Dispose of soiled tissues in the trash.
- If you do not have a tissue, turn your face into your shoulder or the bend of your elbow to sneeze or cough.
- Wash your hands often. If soap and water are not available, use an antiseptic product.
You are concerned about your health ?
Call the COVID-19 infoline: 1-877-644-4545
Related Press releases
April 4 | (in French only) COVID-19 : Un employé de la STO testé positif
March 28| (In French only) COVID-19 : Service réduit à compter du 6 avril
March 20 | (In French only) COVID-19 : Bilan des mesures de prévention mises en place par la STO
March 13 | (In French only) COVID-19 : Gatineau et ses partenaires mettent en place diverses mesures préventives
March 12 | (In French only) COVID-19 : un comité interne évalue les consignes du Gouvernement du Québec