Direct benefits to passengers
The new Maintenance and Operations Centre will optimize client service, which will directly benefit passengers through the following everyday improvements:
- More service bays means faster turnaround of buses after a breakdown or accident;
- Indoor parking in cold weather means considerably less risk of delays caused by breakdowns or the inability to start vehicles;
- Better response time on the roads due to shorter distances needing to be covered;
- Less unproductive distances, that is to say distances covered by empty buses returning to the garage after their shift;
- Increased supply of public transit.