Collective Agreement Renewal
Last update: January 16, 2017, 4:45 p.m.
The Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) is currently in the process of renewing the collective agreement for drivers and maintenance employees.
5 important points that our clientele should know:
1) At this time, public transit service is being provided as usual.
2) Paratransit is not affected by this situation since this service is provided by a subcontractor hired by the STO.
3) The union must give minimum 72 hours' notice to the STO before being able to begin a strike. If the union decides to exercise its right to strike, the STO will undertake to inform its clientele and partners as rapidly as possible.
4) sto.ca is the primary source of information for public transit riders.
5) The Canadian Industrial Relations Board has unfortunately not recognized public transit as an essential service. In a strike situation, public transit riders would therefore not have bus service, and serious repercussions should be expected on the roads. Mitigation measures would be suggested for riders (carpooling, using park-and-ride facilities, etc.).
The STO remains hopeful that it will be able to continue the negotiations in order to reach an agreement that is satisfactory and fair for employees, patrons and taxpayers. A mediation meeting is planned for this Friday, January 20.
Read the most recent press releases (available in French only):
Know more before you go
On your computer
Check the System-Info messages posted on the STO's home page and use Plani-Bus to plan your trips.
On your cell phone
Go to m.sto.ca and check the alerts on the SYSTEM-INFO tab.
Subscribe to our personalized System-Info alerts
To receive the System-Info alerts directly by e-mail or text message, just log in to your My Profile account or create an account easily now! Once you are in My Profile, select My Subscriptions – E-mail and SMS on the menu and then select the bus routes you want and the Press releases alert.