The Multi Card
Discover the many advantages of the Multi card, everything it can hold, how to use it, where to load it, and much more!
Try it, you'll like it!
- Economical, it allows you to travel for less than a paper ticket or cash fare.
- Flexible, it can hold a pass or a cash amount.
- Personalized, it holds the transit pass or ticket that meets your needs.
- Practical, it allows you to travel on the OC Transpo system.
- Essential, it is necessary for transferring easily to Ottawa's O-Train.
- Accessible, it is easy to load close to home.
- Indispensable, it can be used for unlimited travel.
Everything on one card
Did you know that your personalized Multi card can hold a pass, e-wallet and e-transfers all at the same time? This way, just one card is enough to cover all your travel needs.
Transit tickets and passes
Several options are available to suit everyone's needs. Find out what they are!!
Valid fare payments on OC Transpo
The Multi card is the best way to transfer to the OC Transpo system and the O-Train. Learn more about the changes to service in downtown Ottawa.
Also find out about the valid STO fare payments on OC Transpo.
Where to get it
See the Fares section to find out how to purchase the transit fare or pass that best suits your needs.
How to use your Multi
When you pay your fare with a pass or the e-wallet on your Multi card, you must:
1. Tap your Multi on the reader.
Wait for the green light showing that your card has been validated.
2. Then show the driver the photo side of your Multi.
If you get a red light:
Fare payment is required. You must pay your fare using another payment method. In this case, ask the driver for a transfer (your proof of payment in case an inspector asks to see it). If you think the red light could be due to a technical problem, please go to one of our service points.
Note that your receipt is no longer accepted as proof of validity of your Multi card when you pay your fare. Instead, it is used to validate your transaction at a retail outlet. We advise you to keep it as your proof of purchase.
Where to load your Multi card
Your receipt is not a fare payment
Just a reminder that your receipt is no longer accepted as proof of validity of your Multi card when you pay your fare. Instead, it is used to validate your transaction at a retail outlet. We advise you to keep it as a proof of purchase.
Other important information
Consult our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.