STO Fare Payments Valid on OC Transpo
STO fare payments ACCEPTED by OC Transpo
- FIDÉLITÉ Program Annual pass.
- Montly passes: Regular, Student, Senior, ZAP, ZAP+ and ECHO.
- Semester passes: Cam-Puce, UQO Cam-Puce, Heritage College Cam-Puce and Cégep de l'Outaouais Cam-Puce).
- E-wallet and ECHO E-wallet, only after validating your Multi Card on an STO bus, which entitles you to an e transfer that is valid for two hours.
- Occasional Multi, only after validating your Multi Card on an STO bus, which entitles you to an e transfer that is valid for two hours.
- Multi 1day (Passe-temps) and Multi 3 days (L'Escapade), only after validating your Multi Card on an STO bus, which entitles you to travel without restrictions on both systems.
- STO transfers is accepted on OC Transpo buses and light trail.
STO Attendant Privileges Card: Upon showing the STO attendant privileges card, the attendant accompanying a rider with a visual impairment can travel for free on the OC Transpo system.
Children aged 5 and under travel for free on the OC Transpo system at all times.
New transfer with a QR code
Since June 23, a new transfer was introduced on STO buses.
How is it different? It has a QR code, which is a type of barcode consisting of black squares arranged in a square grid on a white background.
This QR code will allow STO riders to access the O-Train stations. To use it, the transfer will be valid for 2 hours within which riders must scan the barcode at one of the fare gates at the stations.
Riders can now also use this transfer with the QR code to travel on the Trillium Line in Ottawa's light rail system, and will be able to do the same once the Confederation line is operational.
Visit How will I get through the gate to learn more.
Follow the usual process on STO and OC Transpo buses
For those who will be using this new transfer to travel on an STO or OC Transpo bus, note that nothing will change. When boarding, continue to show it to the driver as you have already been doing. Its validity period will also remain the same, which is 2 hours calculated from the time the bus leaves the terminus on the current trip.
STO fare payments NOT ACCEPTED by OC Transpo
The following fare payments are NOT ACCEPTED on OC Transpo:
- The E-wallet and ECHO E-wallet is not accepted for starting a trip on the OC Transpo system (bus and train). You must pay the fare for the trip at the O-Train ticket machines, pay cash on the bus, or use the e Purse on the Presto card.
- STO's paper tickets
- Student pass giving access to special routes for high schools "school days only".
- Group pass.
How to use your Multi on OC Transpo buses
1. Tap your Multi on the PRESTO reader
A green light shows that your card has been validated
2. Then show the driver the side of your Multi card with the photo
If you get a red light:
Fare payment is required. You must pay your fare using another payment method. In this case, ask the driver for a proof of payment (in case of a control by an agent on the bus). If you think it could be due to a technical problem, please go to one of our Service Points.