Netiquette – Social Media
The Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) encourages friendly conversations in social media. Consequently, certain behaviour is prohibited:
- No personal information about other users, third parties or employees;
- No attacks or insults;
- No discriminatory, defamatory or sexist comments;
- No political comments or derogatory or offensive remarks directed at the
- Board of Directors or any employees;
- No comments inciting racial, religious, ethnic or other hatred;
- No foul language;
- No comments posted repeatedly, spam or advertising of any form
Note that comments must be relevant and be related to the content of published topics.
The STO is not responsible for the comments and opinions of users.
The STO authorizes users to include hyperlinks provided that the content is relevant to the topics. It is understood that the STO is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Normally, the STO follows up on posts to its Facebook page and Twitter account, and conducts social media monitoring. Although the use of social media implies the notion of a rapid, instant response, it is sometimes necessary to check information with the organization's different services or departments. Delays can therefore be expected at times when this is required.
The STO will try to answer your questions as quickly as possible from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
To submit comments, including those related to the service, you should complete the form available on our Web site or contact Customer Relations at 819 770 3242. This process allows us to compile all the comments received and to ensure follow-up when requested by a customer.