Skip to content

OC Transpo U-Pass: For students living in Quebec

If you are studying at the University of Ottawa, Carleton University, Saint Paul University or Algonquin College during the 2017-2018 school year, you are eligible to get the OC Transpo U Pass. 

This pass is accepted on the STO system without restrictions from September 1, 2017, to April 30, 2018. The U-Pass is exclusively for full-time students registered at these academic institutions.

You must update your “Mailing Address” in your student file (place of residence during the school year) at your academic institution.

Students at the University of Ottawa and Saint Paul University only

Your U-Pass is now on a smart card, so you must tap your card on the reader when you board the bus and then show the photo side of your card to the driver. This pilot project started last summer and is continuing. It is intended for students at the University of Ottawa and now also students at Saint Paul University.

How to get the OC Transpo U-Pass

To find out when and where to get this pass, check the U-Pass section  on the OC Transpo site, which has an FAQ section for each academic institution. You can also visit your student association's Web site:


2012 Société de transport de l'Outaouais. All rights reserved. The information and data on this site may not be used for business purposes or financial gain without authorization from the STO.