FIDÉLITÉ Program Terms and Conditions
This section describes the terms and conditions for purchasing, using, changing, renewing and cancelling your enrolment in the FIDÉLITÉ Program. The program consists of an annual pass paid by monthly pre-authorized debit (PAD) payments. The FIDÉLITÉ Program offers you a 10% reduction on the price of a basic or senior monthly pass.
The value of the pass is loaded on a Multi card. If you already have a Multi card, you will need a new card for this pass. The new card will be programmed so that your pass is valid on the first day of the month following the first debit.
How to get your new Multi:
Before enrolling in the FIDÉLITÉ program, carefully read all the terms and conditions below.
- Enrolling in the FIDÉLITÉ Program
- Procedure and start dates for the pass and debit payments
- Renewing your enrolment
- Cancelling your enrolment
- Cancellation of enrolment by the STO
- Changing your enrolment
- Change of enrolment by the STO
- Replacing your Passe-Partout Plus and pass if your card is defective, lost or stolen
- Your rights of recourse in case of incorrect debits
- Validity of your pass on OC Transpo
Enrolling in the FIDÉLITÉ Program
To enrol in the FIDÉLITÉ Program, riders must submit a completed enrolment application, taking care to:
- Complete and print the enrolment form;
- Sign the personal PAD (pre-authorized debit) authorization;
- Provide a void cheque;
- Submit the enrolment form and void cheque by the 15th day of the month to the Finance Department, Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO), at 111 Jean-Proulx, Gatineau, Quebec, J8Z 1T4 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 819 770-5987 or in person to one of our 3 service points.
Procedure and start dates for the pass and debit payments
It is important to send your enrolment or renewal application to the STO by the 15th day of a given month so that your pass is valid on the first day of the following month. The Multi is programmed for use starting on the first day of the month following the first debit. The debits are taken from your bank account on the 25th day of each month or the next business day if the 25th is a holiday.
Date of the debit payment
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2013
Monday, February 25, 2013
Monday, March 25, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Monday, May 27, 2013
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Friday, October 25, 2013
Monday, November 25, 2013
Friday, December 27, 2013
Each debit equals 90% of the full fare for a monthly pass of the same type, allowing you to save 10%.
A new Multi is issued when the FIDÉLITÉ Program enrolment application is received.
Renewing your enrolment
When your annual enrolment expires, it is renewed automatically for another year if you do not request to have it cancelled according to the procedures and terms below.
Cancelling your enrolment
You can cancel your FIDÉLITÉ Program enrolment at any time. However, some cancellation reasons are subject to penalties.
Cancellation without penalty
The following cancellation reasons are not subject to penalties. Nevertheless, FIDÉLITÉ Program cancellation requests are subject to the STO’s approval.
- Maternity, paternity or parental leave - record of employment REQUIRED
- Death of the program member - declaration of death REQUIRED
- Stopped work (loss of employment or illness) - record of employment or medical certificate REQUIRED
Cancellation without a valid reason with penalty
A cancellation request for invalid reasons before the one-year term has ended will result in cancellation fees equal to the 10% discount you received from the FIDÉLITÉ Program compared with the price of the monthly pass. These fees, which will be deducted from your bank account, will total the discount for each month of your annual pass, including the month of your cancellation request, even if the month has not ended.
FIDÉLITÉ Program cancellation requests are subject to the STO’s approval.
To cancel your enrolment in the FIDÉLITÉ Program, you must:
- Complete and print the cancellation form;
- Submit the cancellation form by the 15th day of the month before the next scheduled debit date (bank account debits are taken on the 25th day of each month or the next business day if the 25th is a holiday) to the Finance Department at the Société de transport de l'Outaouais at 111 Jean-Proulx, Gatineau, Quebec, J8Z 1T4;
- Mail your Multi card to the Finance Department at the Société de transport de l'Outaouais at 111 Jean-Proulx, Gatineau, Quebec, J8Z 1T4, or drop it off at one of the STO's 3 service points within 30 days of your cancellation request.
Regarding your Multi card containing your FIDÉLITÉ pass, note that:
- Our system will make it invalid on the first day of the month following receipt of your cancellation request;
- You will avoid an additional debit of $20 (non-taxable) from your bank account by returning this Multi card to us within 30 days of your cancellation request.
Cancellation of enrolment by the STO
The STO reserves the right to cancel enrolment in the FIDÉLITÉ Program in the following cases:
- If fraud is determined during processing of the file: false statement, falsified documents, etc.;
- After a third debit rejection in the last 12 months of the pass. The Multi linked to the FIDÉLITÉ Program enrolment will be deactivated. The bank rejection fees are the responsibility of the program member (except for rejection due to technical problems not attributable to the payer);
- The member has already had a pass with the STO that the STO had to cancel.
Changing your enrolment
It will be necessary to change your enrolment in the FIDÉLITÉ Program if:
- You would like a different type of pass;
- Your rider profile changes;
- There are changes to your bank account, financial institution or personal address.
To change your enrolment, you must:
- Complete and print the modification form;
- Submit the modification form at one of the locations and according to the transmission method listed on the form by the 15th day of the month before the next scheduled debit date (bank account debits are taken on the 25th day of each month or the next business day if the 25th is a holiday);
- Attach a new void cheque with the modification form to indicate a change in bank account or financial institution concerning the debit payments related to your enrolment. You must take the necessary measures to ensure there is no interruption in monthly payments.
Note that debits are taken from your bank account on the 25th day of each month or the next business day if the 25th is a holiday.
Change of enrolment by the STO
The STO may change, without notice, the amounts debited from your bank account if it modifies its fares, and other measures related to your enrolment (a public notice will be published in the local newspapers when the fares are revised). The FIDÉLITÉ Program enrolment form contains provisions that program members agree to waive the pre-notification requirements of the Canadian Payments Association, as stated in this sentence on the form:
“I agree to waive the pre-notification requirements of the Canadian Payments Association of the amount(s) and due date(s) debited from my account and every time there is a change in the amount(s) or payment date(s) of those debits.”
Replacing your Multi and pass if your card is defective, lost or stolen
- If your card is lost, damaged or stolen, go to one of the 3 service points to get a new Multi card and its contents for a fee of $10 (non-taxable).
- If your Multi card is defective, it will be replaced at no charge.
You have certain rights of recourse if a debit is not authorized or not in accordance with the terms of the fare for your pass as set out in the pre-authorized debit (PAD) authorization. For more information about these rights, contact your financial institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca.
Validity of your pass on OC Transpo
Your FIDÉLITÉ Program pass (loaded on your Multi) is accepted like a transit pass without a supplement only on the regular OC Transpo bus routes and O-Train. See the supplements required for OC Transpo express and rural routes.
Contrary to the STO’s monthly pass, the Multi containing your FIDÉLITÉ Program pass does not require you to show proof of validity when you use OC Transpo services.