To make sure that you and other passengers are safe:
- When several people are waiting at a bus stop, form a line to avoid any incidents;
- Don't run to “catch” your bus. Wait for the next trip;
- When getting on the bus and during the trip, if you must stand, hold the rail or grab bars;
- If you feel ill or are in an uncomfortable situation, let the other passengers or the bus driver know;
- Never cross in front of the bus and use the pedestrian crosswalks.
• If, for safety or mobility reasons, you wish to get off at a more lighted place or closer to your destination, ask the driver;
• In Quebec territory only, the courtesy stop is possible between two bus stops*;
• The driver will stop at the safest place.
• Exit through the front door.
*Note that no courtesy stop is allowed on the Rapibus corridor other than at the station.
Did you see someone vandalize a bus, bus shelter or STO property?
Contact Crime Stoppers at 613 233-8477. Your statement will remain completely confidential and no identification is required.
It is also important to notify the STO so that the damage can be repaired.
Vandalism destroys public property and is not a trivial matter. Vandalism is a crime. It is therefore important to be alert for it. The public transit system belongs to all citizens. Let's be aware and work together to keep it clean and safe!