Policy on Corporate Sponsorship of the Activities of Partners and Community Organizations
Because the Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) cares about encouraging and supporting the community, it has developed a Policy on Corporate Sponsorship of the Activities of Partners and Community Organizations.
As a parapublic enterprise, the STO supports initiatives that enable it to maintain and improve ties with the community, and to foster the growth of public transit in a context of sustainable development, while also promoting its activities, products and services.
This policy is designed to guide the analysis of sponsorship requests.
Types of contributions
No requests for monetary donations, free transit passes or charter services are considered because the STO is financed by public funds.
For several years, the STO has been supporting Centraide Outaouais and the Fondation du Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Gatineau through fundraising campaigns among its employees.
Requests that are accepted must come from:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Businesses duly registered in Quebec
The project must:
- Be directly related to the STO's mission;
- Contribute to reaching the STO's objectives and respect its principles;
- Promote public transit use and be a trip generator;
- Serve the interests of the community and not be intended for personal purposes (profitable or not);
- Offer an opportunity for an exchange of visibility;
- Generally be carried out in the area served by the STO.
If your project meets the above criteria, complete the form to request corporate sponsorship and participation (available in French only) and send it to:
Once we receive the form, allow 15 business days for the request to be reviewed. You will then receive a response (in French).